I'm back !

Sunday 6 May 2012

And it's good to be back, let me tell you ! Got distracted there for a few months with school work, an internship - or 'work placement' as my purist Brit brother insists on calling it -, meeting a certain someone I really liked (which let's face it, doesn't exactly happen every day)... In short, just life doing its thing.

Ok, if I want to make it to at least three posts this year, I'd better get on with it. Because distracted as I was, I've still been thrifting, flea market haunting and generally spending the last of my hard earned cash from my legal secretary days.

So here are a few glimpses of what I've been up to decorating wise.


My most expensive West German pottery buy to date. Ehem. 50 eur at the Brussels flea market, but - in my defence - I haggled this down from 60 eur, plus I got a second vase for free. But still, after spending that much dough, I ended up eating spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino for the rest of the month. These things happen...


See the tall brown fat lava vase to the right. That's the freebie I got with the first one. Pretty cool, huh ?


The seating area. I have been talking about replacing my old battered Habitat couch ever since I started this blog. Well, I finally did it.


This was a total impulse buy. I saw it in a shopwindow, had a chat with the owner, agreed on a half-way decent price and free same-day delivery. The whole thing took less than 10 minutes. And voilà. New (old) sofa !


And on sunny days, this happens... He loves it as much as I do.


On a totally unrelated side note. I also finally solved the mysterious case of the stunted rudbeckia growth.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful home, wonderful pictures...cute cats :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back :)
    love that sofa! beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your black and white stem-style cusion cover on the left of the lovely new sofa. The design looks familiar. Is it Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely Ikea :-) Like most of the textiles in my home. Besides the fact that I can't really afford anything else, I also find Ikea fabris pretty awesome.

      Delete
    2. you have a really good eye and your place is beautiful - very inspiring : )

      Delete
  4. the seating area looks much more better than before!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 50 euro ...love that vase!!!! how tall is it? Sofa looks great too.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about 35cm tall. That's more than 1 euro per cm. Sigh...

      Delete
  6. the vase is beautiful, i got a small one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this all looks so great together, refined, understated, classic designs, and the fat lava adds a splash of colour, great eye for interior design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is looking great and I adore the couch. I had to laugh out loud at your cat's idea of gardening, but I'm not surprised :-)

    ReplyDelete

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger